About the Scholarship
To encourage and promote the professional development and higher education of women in our service area, wishing to pursue a postsecondary degree(s) or already enrolled in an accredited college, technical, community college, and/or university. These women may be eligible for a scholarship from the Columbus, Georgia chapter of Network for Professional and Executive Women (NPEW). This opportunity is available to qualified high school, homeschooled, and postsecondary degree students. The school may be public or private.
How It Works
NPEW will provide a scholarship based on available funds. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the college, technical or community college of the recipient’s choosing. Funds will be distributed as billed by the institution for tuition, books, laboratory fees, and similar charges. The funds will be set aside for the recipients’ use until the end of the calendar year following the date of written notice of the award. If the recipient does not exercise her right to use the funds, the scholarship shall be forfeited.
The recipient must
- indicate a need to continue her education for professional advancement by citing clear and attainable career goals
- have achieved a minimum 2.75 CGPA, or equivalent B average, for prior academic work
- be a permanent resident of the greater Columbus, Georgia area but may attend any college or university
- demonstrate leadership to the community at the civic, social, and/or professional level
- submit at least three(3) letters of recommendation, one of which may be from an NPEW member
- print and submit her completed application packet
Application Review: A panel consisting of Network board members will review the qualified applications. This panel will select the recipient based on these factors: education and career goals; academic records; and leadership abilities in civic, social, and professional service. These areas have been assigned a relative value to guide the panel in its selection. Financial need will be considered, but it is not a major factor of the scoring system.
Application Deadline: October 25, 2019