About the Scholarship
Do you know an inspiring female with an avid service to their community? If so, please check out our NPEW Scholarship to help lower costs for continuing your education. Scholarship applicants must reside in the Columbus area and attend Columbus Technical College, Columbus State University, or Georgia Military College – Columbus Campus. Grant applicants must also reside in Columbus, but may use the grant for professional development or collegiate continuing education. Scholarship/Grant submissions are due by October 30, 2020.
How It Works
NPEW will provide a scholarship based on available funds. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the recipient’s school. Funds will be distributed as billed by the institution for tuition, books, laboratory fees, and similar charges. The funds will be set aside for the recipients’ use until the end of the calendar year following the date of written notice of the award. If the recipient does not exercise her right to use the funds, the scholarship shall be forfeited.
The recipient must
- indicate a need to continue her education for professional advancement by citing clear and attainable career goals
- have achieved a minimum 2.75 CGPA, or equivalent B average, for prior academic work
- be a permanent resident of the greater Columbus, Georgia area
- be enrolled in either Columbus Technical College, Columbus State University, or Georgia Military College – Columbus Campus
- demonstrate leadership to the community at the civic, social, and/or professional level
- submit at least three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which may be from an NPEW member
- print and submit her completed application packet
Application Review: A panel consisting of Network board members will review the qualified applications. This panel will select the recipient based on these factors: education and career goals; academic records; and leadership abilities in civic, social, and professional service. These areas have been assigned a relative value to guide the panel in its selection. Financial need will be considered, but it is not a major factor in the scoring system.
Application Deadline: October 30, 2020